We Love Our Volunteers!
There is always something going on at the Waldorf School of New Orleans and dozens of ways to get involved!
Committees, events, teachers, and the administration will always appreciate your time and energetic enthusiasm. Here are just a few ways you can help out:
- Participate in workdays and general upkeep of the school. Volunteers may have a skill such as carpentry, handyman, or gardening. With the direction of the school, committee may research quotes or projects for current and future facilities.
- ANNUAL APPEAL: Giving campaign to close the gap between the amount of tuition charged and the actual cost of operating the school. Volunteers may prepare mailings, make phone calls, and offer administrative support to the chair.
- STARRY NIGHT: The Waldorf School of New Orleans’ primary fundraiser, held in the spring, is an elegant and fun evening of food, drink, entertainment, and auction. Volunteers solicit donations for silent auction, food and beverage, sell tickets, set up and clean up, volunteer at the event, or serve as a committee chairs.
- GRANT-WRITING: Grant writers seek out appropriate grants, gather information, and write proposals. Some experience is helpful, but not necessary
- GENERAL: Assist with Open House, city-wide events, distribution of promotional materials, and special committee projects. Meetings held monthly.
- DOCENTS: Parent tour guides who participate in training and accompany prospective parents during tours.
GENERAL SCHOOL SUPPORT
- FESTIVALS: Assist the teachers with planning and logistics of festivals. Tasks may include errands, simple preparations, or communication.
- LIBRARY: Re-shelves books, solicits donations, visits book fairs, and data entry.
- PARENT COUNCIL: Help out with the logistics of the organization, such as making flyers, taking notes, organizing meetings, etc.
All parents are required to donate volunteer time, and we hope to make the time you spend in our school fun and rewarding! Please contact Info@waldorfnola.org or your class teacher for more information.